When Debra Angilletta became a mother a few years ago, she chose to walk away from a great corporate career at a Wall Street firm. No new job to go to, no entrepreneurial business already established. She just quit, did some self assessment work, and then mapped out how she would build a home-based business that took advantage of her aptitudes and interests.
Now, a few years later, she has a 6-figure income business (anewviewllc.com) and is working far less than before, all from the comfort of home.
In this interview:
- Deb tells us that we know more than we think we know, and it’s probably enough to start a business.
- She advises us to pick a niche and not try to sell to too broad of a market.
- She emphasizes why time management is so critical.
- She tells us that business is just a system, and that if we know how the system works, we too can build a successful business.
- And she summarizes all of this by explaining her Five Cornerstones approach to building a company.